Monday, January 23, 2012

Residency Update

Update: Sean is nearing the completion of  medical school. Secondary update: Sean has decided to apply to residency for ophthalmology. Most current update: Sean has been accepted into an ophthalmology residency program.

Okok. Most of these updates aren't new and most of you already know all these "updates" but, humor me as I reveal very important family news on our family blog.

Sean interviewed at 8 different programs and then went through the very fun match process, which is still (even after doing it with Sean) a very mysterious and rather unexpected process.
Here is the run down of the schools with corresponding pictures:

Exhibit A - University of Wake Forest in North Carolina


I got this picture of off Sean's phone and I am pretty dang sure it does no justice to North Carolina which, I hear is a beautiful place. Sorry NC but, its all we got. Moving on.


Exhibit B: The Mayo Clinic, Minnesota
Also, got this picture of off Sean's phone. It is a picture of a picture that pictures the residents of 1989, the year my Father-in-law/Sean's dad attended for Ophthalmology. It is a gem because.....

... my Father-in-law looks like he could kill a man while removing cataracts from another older man eyes. Watch out. Minnesota will do that to you. We love you Mikie.

Exhibit C: University of Texas San Antonio
Home of the Alamo, River Walk, Sea World and Six Flags. I hear it is lovely place.


Exhibit D: University of Missouri (MIZZOU), Missouri
The Gateway to the West! It looks awesome and I am jealous that Sean saw this without me.


Exhibit E: Texas Tech University, of Lubbock Texas

Home of the windmill museum (who makes a museum about windmills??) and......

this thing! Also home of the whole lot of nothing! Still a great school though.

Exhibit F: University of California Davis, Sacramento California

Whatup Capitol.

Exhibit G: University of California Los Angeles, in, you guessed it, LA.
Chinese theater.

Exhibit H: University of California Irvine, in SoCal.
Newport Beach. Arg! Baby Jakob! So small! So cute.


 
Are you dying with anticipation? Can hardly wait to find out? Well, I will torture you now longer (I thank you in advance for pretended you don't already know) and reveal that we are moving to......
San Antonio Texas! (River Walk pictured above)
We were completely surprised with where Sean matched but are totally excited for this new adventure. I hear great things about San Antonio. I am so proud of you Sean, you have worked so hard and now your work has paid off. Thank you for everything you do for this family. We love you so much! Congrats Sweetie Pants!



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!! What exciting news. I have been so excited to hear, I called you a few days and after I left you a message I think one of the boys hid my phone because I haven't been able to find it in a few days, yikes! I am on an antibiotic and am on the mend. I want to hear about everything, let's get together if you guys can. I am so tired of being so cooped up. Way to go Sean! San Antonio is lucky to have you guys.

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

What?? You already know?? That's awesome! My brother in law is waiting on match results. He interviewed a lot of the same places-- Now I'll keep me fingers crossed he gets into San Antonio so we have TWO people to come visit :) Congrats! Let's play. While we still can, sniff.

Brookle said...

I had no idea. You have thoroughly delighted this reader with the anticipation. When do you guys go? Mark and I MUST visit you guys before you go!!!

Love you!

Morgan Williams said...

So excited for you guys!!

Our Little Family said...

woohoo! or should I say, yeehaw!! We will totally be coming to visit. there are a million things to do there and tons of bugs that I know your boy will LOVE. he he he! Congrats guys!

Jill said...

How exciting!

Karen Rich said...

Congratulations, I hope you love it!

k1547 said...

I love your blog! You kill me, I was laughing out loud! I am sad you guys will be further away from me! But San Antonio is amazing and you will love it! I love you, you are my favorite and only little sister!!

Kari said...

Sean looks like a missionary in these pictures. Wearing a suit and taking random shots of everything unique about an area. So glad you are going to TX!

Sarah McM said...

I am so excited he matched at the only place close enough for us to visit. And we WILL! We've gone to SA about once a year since we moved to Texas, and now your presence will make the city all the more enticing. I really really love the Riverwalk. Summers there are miserable, so I hope you have access to a pool (or can buy a small one and get a sexy tan in your yard.) I also hope you start saying Yee Haw just in case you need it. Oh, and learn the words to "Deep in the Heart of Texas," not just the part from Pee Wee's big adventure.