I love this boy so much. He has so much of me in him; for example, his aversion to pants (photo edited for privacy reasons).
It was on one such day, when exiting the bathroom, that I found Jakob butt naked standing holding his blanket. I had left him in a diaper with plans to feed my messy eater in just that but, he thought otherwise. I said to him "Jakob where is your diaper?" He quickly ran over to our night stand, where he had carefully placed his diaper; he held it up for me. I said "lets put this back on" as I took it from him. That is when the gravity of the situation hit me...this diaper is full of poo. I froze with fear and started handling the diaper like a hand granade. I moved in slow motion as if the poop bomb would detonate if I moved too quickly. Finally my mind started racing, what do I do next? "Clean the child" I told myself. I went and freshly diapered my boy and cleaned him up. Not too bad. Now came the terrible part. "Poo hunt" I said to myself. I scavanged the house and to my surpise I found nothing. Nothing at all. My sweet son quickly reached hero status in my mind as he had now successfully changed his first diaper. I went and smothered him with kisses. End of tale. Except maybe the part about my aversion to pants..... Here are some recent photos of Jakob that I enjoy...
Happy Boy!
Yes, that is apple sauce on the wall. He seems very pleased about it.
Bubble bath with blocks.

12 comments:
Rachel-
I love your story! Of course Jake can change his own diaper. He is the smartest baby alive. I love the pictures! They are super cute. I will come see you guys soon! LOVE!
This is Kristina and I made the last comment.
AHHHHHH!!!!! So cute. So happy to see pictures. LOVE YOU GUYS!
Hehehe - I better tell Brit about your blog. Hilarious.
Jakob=Awesome
Sisters - Yes! Come and visit soon.
Larissa - please tell Brit, I would love to keep better taps on her.
Jakob is so civilized to change his own diaper! I love the censored photo too...hilarious! Viva la Sumsion blog!
Oh you made me laugh! What an advanced child you've raised!
Jakob looks like a little body builder in the censored photo!
Hooray for Jakob! Civilized, indeed. He is such a beautiful child. I am in love with him. He is my new boyfriend. SO good to see you guys. You all rock. Each and every one of you Sumsions. xoxox
Love all the pictures, and Jakobs manhood edited out, hilarious! Hey, so thanks again for sharing your brilliant finds with me, that spoon with the baby food inside! LOVE it!! Boy is that handy
Post a Comment