Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

What is this? Blogging out of order? I have quite the pile up of blog posts but, no one really wants to hear about Halloween a month later. So, I will be jumping around for a little while. Here are the Halloween festivities:
Great park balloon ride!


You wonder why California is bankrupt? Well, take a look at our community air balloon! Free for all! We have this bad boy up and running all year long, but, for Halloween we make it into a Jack-o-lantern. We did this a few weeks before Halloween, but, once again, this will not be relevant in a months time. So, let's throw another shrimp on the barbie.




Looking down; quite the view. I may be feeling a little nervous.



Looking up at the falling giant orange.


This thing is cool.
On to....the actual Halloween (..who also happens to be the actual El Guapo![Name this please]).

 

For a Halloween dinner we had homemade chili and made carmel apples. Here I am caramelizing an apple. After dinner we ran to get into our costumes.
Now, we were going to meet up with our friends JuliaChris and Co. but, I am new at running this whole Halloween thing and we ran out of time to travel anywhere but, down the street. We started the actual (who also happens to be the actual El Guapo!) tricking or treating a little late. We opted for just driving down the block and trick or treating in a nearby Tustin neighborhood.

Pirates! Arrrr! Sean trained Jakob to Arrrrr! at every house. Jakob's costume is grade A - no? Our costumes, on the other hand, may or may not have been made entirely out of the contents of our closet (excluding the pirate hat on Sean which, was bought for Jakob but he rejected it).


This kid HATES having a mustache drawn on him. I didn't get a picture that night but, here is Jakob's reaction after having a stache drawn on him earlier. Tears and screaming. His reaction that night was exactly the same. Only this time, I strong armed that stache on him, no matter the howls. Sorry son but, I swear I love you. It was for your own good (that saying may lose its effectiveness when used in reference to drawn on mustaches).


My boys. Sean is looking particularly dapper.



Jakob's 1st house. He loved it!


My turn. Our little pirate is so cute!

Annnd....he has this thing down cold. Halloween just officially became 3X more fun now that he is here and moving.

About half the houses LOVED Jakob's costume, and some even took pictures of him. Favorite quote of the night, "Turn off the light honey, nothing is going to top this". The other half didn't speak English. Least favorite quote of the night? The guy that said Sean and I should grow up. We just laughed and then mentally flipped him off.

We only hit up about 15 houses but, people seem to be extra generous to the little ones and he filled up his bag fast. Soon he was dragging it behind him because it was too heavy.
Admiring each other’s mustache. "No, yours looks better" (disclaimer: not an actually quote).


The haul, even after we all ate some on the ride home.




Happy Halloween!
Also, we will never be growing up. Making us Neverland Pirates?? So nerdy, sorry about that.


8 comments:

Jill said...

Very cute. I don't get the man who told you to grow up. Taking your child out to trick or treat has got to be one of the best things about adulthood!

Kari said...

I love this so much! You guys are adorable! And Jake. Oh MY GOSH! I love that baby!

Sean, Rachel, and Jakob said...

Amen Jill, amen.

miccolene said...

I'd like to claim my part in holding down Mr. Pirate for his first moustache experience. It was awesome. You all look adorable, well done on a successful halloween!

kathie baardson said...

This has to be the cutest little family on the planet! Rachel, you are such a good writer and are so funny,and you are very pretty - and you have such a precious husband and baby. They also make very dangerous looking pirates!! Arr!!

Jen Hendrick said...

Hmmm....it seems my previous comment did not post (hopefully this doesn't show up twice!) Loved this blog, Rachel. Adorable pics! Jakob is the cutest pirate evah. And NEVER grow up, Sumsions ;)

AsK said...

Loved this post!! Great costumes and great mustache! Proud to know you and proud to be a fellow never-grow-up-er :)

Love, Karen

Karen Rich said...

aaarrrr-some! maybe that's a stretch on the pirate talk, but you're definitely awesome!