I will have to divide this blog up into Grandparent's time and the day and half I spent in the City.
Grandparent time pictures:
Gramps with his ginormous carrot cake. This man loves to eat.
Now before I jump into things; there are some things to know about my Grandpa. He is a classic New Yorker. Won't move or live anywhere else. He is tough as steel and very hard to kill. He had a stroke at age 50, cancer at 60, a brain aneurysm at 70, has paralysis in one of legs and he just keeps moving; dragging that leg behind him and making it look good. He is a tough, tractor loving, grandmother-doting Grandpa and I love him. Now with that said, on with the blogging.
We had a lot of family show up for the Birthday party: my Aunt and Uncle Field from New Mexico (pictured above), my Aunt and Uncle Jones from upper, upper New York (along with my cousin Aaron), Grandpa's niece and nephew (+ their families), and last but not least, Jake, myself, and my parents.
During our visit my Grandparents introduced Jakob to the ice cream cone. Oh, he has had ice cream but, never his own cone. He loved it.
Jakob and Gramps hanging out. My grandparents house is filled with furniture from the 50's. I really don't think they have replaced any furniture since I can remember. Those couches, like my Grandfather, are tough.
We took Jakob to the pumpkin patch. Here are the men! They are all so cute, I can barely stand it. Also, Dad and Jakob dress alike/look alike.
Tunnel shot at the pumpkin patch. Not pictured: the apple cider. To die for. New York has the best pizza, hot dogs and cider. Nough said.
Jakob liked picking out pumpkins. Apparently his favorite was the albino gourd.
There was also a petting zoo. His favorite animal was this chicken. They hung out for a while together.
Grandma, Jakob and a goat - at the petting zoo.
I have been waiting for a picture of my Grandma to tell you about her. She is an Irish woman, and a classic Irish woman at that. Very fun, animated and periodically dances without music. She loves to cook and hates to do dishes, which may not be an Irish thing but, hey! She is very cute and fiery with her red hair. I love her!Jakob also enjoyed the piano and would attack it every chance he got. Here is my sweet mother trying to give him a lesson.
Jakob continues to show my Dad special attention and would run over to him with his arms up. So cute.
Grandma and Jakob. Jakob loved Grandma and would lay kisses on her with no warning. One night at dinner, he grabbed her arm and pulled her over to him and gave her a huge kiss. As a result, she now refers to him as her boyfriend.
So glad Jakob got to meet his Great Grandparents and that we got to all spend time together. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for having us up.

3 comments:
How fun! I wish I could have been there. And I can't say I'm surprised that Grandma and Grandpa got Jakob hooked on ice cream cones . . . those two sure love their ice cream ;-)
Great post as always, you may have missed your true calling in life as a writer!
So cute! You captured the essence of a wonderful week. Grandma and Grandpa still talk about you and Jakob and what a fun birthday celebration we all had together. We need to go back and get more apple cider soon! :)
Post a Comment