Sunday, August 9, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

A little over a week ago, Rachel and I celebrated our 4th anniversary! We decided to spend the evening at the Blue Bayou Restaurant in Disneyland (where else!). The park has been sooo busy, the earliest reservation we could get was 8:50 pm (more like an early breakfast for the following day). Also, take note that they offer a DIFFERENT menu for dinner (no world famous Monte Cristo sandwich - this bummed me out) than for lunch, and offer much more expensive prices (nothing a few hours of volunteering in the bayou kitchen couldn't remedy). I had steak, Rachel had chicken, and we topped the evening off with a delicious cookie boat (unfortunately, they had run out of the candy mast/ sail combo that adorns the dessert, making it look slightly less piratey). The ambience was fun - Rach loves those characteristic lamps (not pictured). It was so dark, that I was pleased that at least some aspect of the ride was visible behind us (half-sunken ship), so as to provide solid evidence of the encounter for posterity.
Here is the delicious mast-less cookie boat and Rach. It is hard to believe that 4 years have flown by already - the best 4 years of my life! Here's to many more - Rachel, I love you so!

7 comments:

miccolene said...

Happy Anniversary peeps! Not everyone gets to go to the blue bayou...so jealous. When are we doing disneyland again--- Thanksgiving?!? Hope all is well! xoxo.

Richard said...

Blue Bayou = Best Restaurant Ever!

Jeff & Johanna said...

Rachel, are you pregnant? Something is different about these photos compared to some in the recent past...you look a little tired. Maybe it's just me dreaming things up? Oh by the way are you up to being the Godparent of Phaelen? I realized Julia is Calder's, but who is Phaelen's?

Julia Warren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia Warren said...

Oops, I deleted my first comment. As I was saying...
It seems like just yesterday Sean proposed and I stared at the ring on Rachel's finger in amazement while she was asleep that night on the lower bunk at King Hen. I kept your engagement photo next to my bedside that whole summer, gazing at it often, lovingly, and in expectation. (Does this sound creepy? Hope not) Was it not yesterday you two were boogying down to "Celebration" out by the barn in tux and dress? Ahh...I am just so happy you two found each other! You are my favorite couple. Happy 4 years!

Morgan said...

Oh how I long to be with you at the Blue Bayou! Only 23 more days... also I got in trouble for leaving a comment on your blog and not ever on Micci's blog, so I am no longer allowed to comment. but i miss slash love you guys.

miccolene said...

Holy hell, morgan left TWO COMMENTS on your blog posts and none on mine. Well I certainly see who is her favorite. Snap. Yes, I blog stalk. What.