So. Facebook has been plagued with this “25 Things ‘bout Me” disease. And no one is immune. Fortunately, my catching of it was well timed, because Sean asked me to write a blog just as I was posting this bad boy on facebook. So, enjoy. I will throw in my favorite video on youtube as an extra treat. I have committed this "song" to memory.
25 Random Things 'bout Me List
1) I write everything in word and then paste it on stuff. I not know how spell me do.
2) This 25 things thing has tagged me 5 times.
3) I was banned from driving in Oregon by Oregon until I was 21. The crime does not match the punishment.
4) I climbed a water tower with a bunch of boys during high school (this was not why I was banned).
5) I think I should mention my special husband after the mention of other boys. I am pretty sure my husband is a genius. Fact.
6) Most of my family and I have Paramyotonia Congenita. I now have an excuse to sleep in.
7) I enjoy luxury camping. This involves an air mattress, sleeping mask, ear plugs, and rubber boots that go up to my knee (no dirt here). "Rachel is a vision of luxury" - Leanne (while camping in Moab).
8) I work as a behavioral therapist for folks with mental disabilities. Today we rode our bikes to the gym and went swimming as a work out. I heart job.
9) I am a horrible swimmer. How are you supposed to breathe and swim at the same time – impossible!
10) I love Disneyland. I didn’t use to but I love it now since me and the husband go all the time. All the glorious faketry and cleanliness makes me happy
11) Julia has dressed me up as dude once or twice with full blown makeup and sports bra.
12) Julia and I have been friends since we were 13. We were roommates in College and gave each other buckets (literally) of candy for Easter. We also hid the buckets in our one room space in DT. That’s what 10 years of friendship gets you.
13) Every person in my Sophomore year gym class had a “code name” given by either me or my friends. We did this so we could talk about people without their knowing. Some examples are: guy with the curly pony tail and Jammin (that turned out to be his real name). Very inconspicuous.
14) I laugh at my own thoughts sometimes and then I have to pretend that I was laughing at something that someone just said.
15) I was born in Michigan. I love Mackinaw Island and indoor waterslides!
16) I was on the Washington Olympic Development Program soccer team as a freshman in High school. I gave it up to go to Church.
17) I ilke to “bestow” “awesome” nick names on people. Sometimes they catch sometimes they don’t.
18) My friends and I had a notebook that we would pass back and forth to each other with notes in it. This was very incriminating. Having a collection of personal notes all bound together. It got us into some trouble (Hey! This is like Mean Girls I just realized! We weren’t mean though and that movie is so-so).
19) I have big feet. Size 10. My sister is size 11. My dad is size 16. It is genetic. My kids will have big feet. And when they come out the doctors will say “This girl is going to be 6’2’’ , we can tell because of her feet” but then the baby/adult will be averaged height with Paris Hilton sized feet instead. Sorry Doc.
20) People are constantly accusing me of being 18. Now that I am married, I get this all the time: “Are you married! How old are you?” My reply “How old are you?” Their reply “I am 22” My reply “I am older then you by 2 years, get away from me before I kick you”. Perhaps, when I am 50, I will enjoy being accused of looking young.
21) I think cuss words are funny.
22) I love to cook and eat. They go hand in hand I think. If you like to eat then you will love to cook and if you are dieting then you hate cooking.
23) During finals in college I would wear the same pair of sweatpants all week. Every year I would go pick out a pair of “finals pants” to wear. This made finals more fun.
24) I am cheap. I see this as a good thing. Not an insult.
25) My family calls me “Baby” as in baby of the family. Yes – this is similar to Dirty Dancing “Nobody puts baby in a corner”. Except I still respond to baby. That is the only difference between Dirty Dancing and my REAL life. Also, dirty dancing is gross. Ballroom is better.
p.s. The posting of this list on my blog has alot to do with Johanna not having facebook. C'Mon woman, get with the program! I need you as my friend....on facebook.
8 comments:
Ok, that video is a little too long for just an advertisement. I liked it at first but it wore me out, so now I love to hate it. And what's with the comment about Face book? I get it.
It's just like. It's just like. A Minay Mall! Brilliant.
Ok that is it. I am only referring to you as "baby" from now on.
I had to see if this was the Sean scrumion I knew in High school and as a friend I hopes it's ok to say Hi from Jolene Mullen, it's so great to see old pictures of good friends from redding.
hey, cool, i found your blog from melissa and brian's. hope california is treating you guys good.
The fetus demands an update.
I cannot tell you the joy that entered into my heart when I found that you had a blog. Oh my my, I need to calm down. You are HIGH-larious and I love your "25 things" I of course am going to need to hear the story that lead to you being banned from driving until your 21st bday. We miss you guys so much!! We need to plan a "meet in the middle" date sometime soon so we can catch up and you can see our adorable baby child.
I saw this on the office the other day and started laughin out loud, becuase I saw it on your blog fist. Kudos.
Post a Comment