Saturday, January 31, 2009

Year 2008 in Review (part 2)

The awesomeness continues...

July 2008: Moved from Utah to San Diego so Sean could run the Kaplan Summer Intensive Program for the MCAT (medical school entrance exam) - some students pictured here during an outing to the San Diego Zoo. Also, rocked out with rock band - Sean's family came down to visit! We make quite the band.

August 2008: Moved to Irvine from San Diego - Sean started Medical School at UC Irvine. Us being touristy in Hollywood. Note the tiny Hollywood sign (by my huge Heed).

September 2008: Bought Disneyland passes! Yeah!! I am very impressed with Sean's pass in this photo...must have....

October 2008: After years of hearing about Knott's from Chris W. - we ventured forth with the Warrens to Knott's Berry Farms during Halloween. They had the original Ghostbuster mobile (Ecto 1 for any Ghostbuster enthusiasts out there - that means you Scott). Awesome. Also, Micci and Jazz, Cindy and Mike, and Scott and JaNae and Madilyn (so cute!) all came down to visit Spooky Disneyland and say "holla".

November 2008: We have zero pictures from November (I knew this would happen) but we did throw in a picture of Sean looking offical in his white coat. I will summarize what a picture from November would look like...Going to Thanksgiving at the Sumsion's house and eating lots of food. Also, getting stuck in LA/holiday traffic for 5 hours. Hate traffic.

December 2008: Braved the fierce Northwest storm that dropped 2 feet of snow in 1 week (average Portland yearly snow = 0 inches) to have a Very Baardson Christmas. Had delicious food representing all of the missions served by family members - we even made empanadas (Rachel's fav!)

Conclusion: Now that we are caught up, we will try to provide more continuous updates. We would love to keep in touch with all our friends in all their many different places. Give us your blog address...or else....except I don't know how to post them along the side of this blog yet. yeah.

Much love,

Sean and Rach

4 comments:

Leanne said...

LET me pick my jaw up off the floor. You have full blown MULTIPLE POSTS on this blog. With PICTURES. I never thought this day would come, and I am so proud. I will check back on a daily bases for updates, so do work.

Jeff & Johanna said...

Love the new post and keep up the good work! You get an A+! Glad that you could have success in schooling Sean and good luck with the years to come doing it! I feel inspired to do a random post so you guys better check ours outs.
jeffjojohnson.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You two are awesome and I appreciate your friendship. I wish only the best for you and look forward to spending the next few years together!

brian said...

Wow what an exciting year! Janae's baby looks just like her, and Kudos to the official white coat ceremony. Good luck with school and we miss you guys