Thursday, December 22, 2011

Seattle

 My goal is to be caught up on blog posts by Christmas and we are getting close to both, sweet. While in Washington, Sean and I went up to Seattle to do some site seeing. My family watched Jakob and between the 4 adults; he was well taken care of. Growing up I barely ever went to Seattle because Portland was so close and really only went up for soccer stuff. But now that I am an avid list maker and checker off-er, I wanted to hit up Seattle and do somethings I never had. 

Sean had never been to the top of the Space Needle so, we did that first. It was good timing because it literally rained the whole day  and this was the only time it had a clear view.
Space Needle. Wahoo!

 

View from the top. Check! (mentally checking things off the list)


 

It was a little cold with the wind but, lovely.

Next we went to...
 
Pike Place Market - love it there.

 
 
We watched the fish get tossed.

 
And I met this lady named Rachel. I felt an instant connection. FYI - the pig's name is actually Rachel, BFF!

Yum? Hand tossed to perfection.

We got lunch there and enjoyed some fish and chips and calm chowder.

I have always wanted to do the underground tour of Seattle. I imagined an entire city buried beneath, but in reality it looked a little more like.....
Grandma's basement.

It was still really cool though especially, if you don't know a lot about the history of Seattle. Very interesting and well worth getting our feet soaked.


This was how they lit the underground walkways and you walk over them all the time and never think twice. Rawesome.

Lastly, we visited the troll under the bridge. I remembered doing this with my family when I was little. I wasn't sure how I remembered it but, have since then concluded that it must have scarred me a bit. Much like the movie Ernest Scarred Stupid. Go ahead, ask me the entire plot of that movie. I still remember it. They both also, involve trolls - further proof.

As you can see, I have had a change of heart about this troll now. Wouldn't this be an adorable engagement picture?

On the way home we hit traffic and decided to stop and see a movie while the traffic died down. We saw the new Twilight movie. It was so horrible. There was plenty of laugh out loud moment and then plenty of grimace and turn your face away from the screen moments. Both types of moments were done unintentionally. Bad. Baaaaad. Bad. Let us never speak of it again.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: